Sara's Reviews > The Coroner's Lunch

The Coroner's Lunch by Colin Cotterill

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, audiobooks
Read from June 06 to 12, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coroner's Lunch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah sounds interesting... would you recommend it?

Sara I would - it does a nice job of capturing a really interesting time and place - Laos in the late 1970s, just as the Communists came into power. The every day life and complicated politics are well-drawn. As for the mystery itself, it was pretty good, with an unexpectedly supernatural twist I found rather convincing.

Sarah Awh, we don't have it on audiobook. Do you think it is worth the wait (of interlibrary loan) to get the narration?

Sara I bet it's just as inviting in print. I do enjoy books with exotic settings on audio because you get a better feel for the pronunciation of names and places. For instance, I would have read the main character's name as Siri, like the iPhone assistance, rather than "Sili" which is how my narrator said it. It's not a dealbreaker, though!

Sarah wrote: "Awh, we don't have it on audiobook. Do you think it is worth the wait (of interlibrary loan) to get the narration?"