Maureen Hoar's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Feb 24, 12

Read from February 22 to 24, 2012

Book 1 in the fever series introduces you to the world of the Fey in Dublin Ireland. Mac Lane is a southern bell from Georgia. Her older sister is a college student at Trinity college in Dublin Ireland and is murdered with not suspect in site. Mac feels obligated to head over there to find her kller after she receives a couple of voice messages from her now dead sister that raise too many questions. Once Mac lands in Ireland her life is turned on its end. She discovers an underworld that she only thought existed in fairy tales.

At first I was a bit frustrated with Mac. She is a somewhat intelligent girl. But when she discovers her abilities and a few other secrets in her life, she remains in denial for most of the book. I just wanted to slap her. She is a strong girl with lots of focus and determination to find her sister's killer. I was also frustrated with some of the characters she encounters during her quest. Barons was unhelpful for most of it and the Ciley and un-Ciley fae were always in the mix,thwarting her every move.

I really enjoyed the story. It moved along at a good pace while creating an unfamiliar world. There were lots of twists and turns along the way that keep you turning the pages. I look forward to reading more of this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

02/22/2012 page 150