Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from February 22 to 23, 2012

This thrid installment in the Mercy Thompson Series was all about the fae. Book one was about werewolves, book two vampires, and now on to the fairies. I do like a well thought out plan of approach for a series, it just helps to make the story flow.

We've also come to a decision between Samuel and Adam, but don't think that's going to miraculously bring an increase in romantic moments. Romance these books are not.

Mercy is still true to character, tough with hints of fragility, courageous beyond sense, and loyal to her friends. A likeable character that I haven't yet tired of, which is saying something in a series.

I did like that the fae were not necessarily nice, but extremely magical. Exactly what you'd expect of a fairy.

This story does take a decidedly darker turn, so be prepared for the Noir part of Brigg's Mystery Noir to rear it's ugly head. We can only hope that Mercy makes it out the other side unscathed.

So, what to give book three in this series? I think Briggs is maintaining a steady level with book two, so I'm sticking with 7/10: "Good solid read, something to get your teeth into" on the NBRS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Kissed.