^'s Reviews > Good Housekeeping Cookery Book

Good Housekeeping Cookery Book by 'Good Housekeeping': The Na...

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: food-and-cooking, reference, non-fiction, books-with-11-to-100-ratings
Recommended for: anyone who's responsible for everyday cooking
I own a copy , read count: reference

A good, standard, everyday, uncomplicated, wide-ranging, recipes-that-work-first-time, mostly inexpensive ingredients (and not too many of them), cookbook. The pages of my copy are stained, the spine is held on with tape. It's a working book; and surely that's one of the highest compliments anyone can pay to a cookbook? This is the cookbook to set up first home with.

It’s also got me into a GH collecting habit, because over the course of 60+ years, the contents of GH cookbooks have changed according to the availability and costs of different foodstuffs, and the popularity of different dishes & their presentation. The only problem with collecting is that I think that the vast majority of the millions of GH cookbooks sold must have been used until they fell apart, because they don’t often come up for sale second hand. But there again, I guess that’s a sure sign of user recommendation!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Housekeeping Cookery Book.