Lisa's Reviews > East

East by Edith Pattou

Jul 24, 08

Is it possible to love a book too much?
I fell in love with EAST when it was first published back in 2003. I have read it several times and never bore of this wonderful epic tale.

I urged (begged) both of my daughters to read it. Like most children, they bulked. Then, on a trip home from college my youngest daughter pulled it from the shelves and, like me, she fell in love.

The other day, my older daughter, looking for something to read, decided to give East a go. (Probably because of her sister's recommendation--not mine.) And we have a new convert! Shem too, loves it.

The thing is, we each have very different tastes in books. I read mostly kids books, YA and mid-grade novels. The youngest likes the romantic classics (my Jane Austin girl) and the older one loves spooky, gothic, and fantasy.

But EAST is one book where all of our worlds collide and we get a romantic fantasy for young adults. A classic!

And yet, it is not available in book-on-tape. *sigh*
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read East.

message 1: by Jacqui (new)

Jacqui Robbins I read this a few years ago and forgot all about it until I saw your review. Now I must go re-read. Yes, yes, yes, to everything you said.

Lisa Oh good! I have been championing this book since it came out. Huge fan here! I was sorry it didn't get more recognition as I think it is just a darn good read.