Rayna's Reviews > Through My Eyes

Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow

F_50x66
Feb 22, 12

Read on February 22, 2012

There was so much in the media about his spirituality. So much drama about bowing on the sidelines that I thought I would give his book a try. The only truly spiritual story he had to tell was the one we have all heard about surrounding the complications his mom had while pregnant with him. There's nothing inspiring about him playing football for the first time at a pro-football player run camp. Yeah, he worked hard, and pushed himself, but the biggest struggle he shared was people thinking he was built better for another position, not quarterback. I didn't particularly care for his descriptions of playing against the Noles, but that was to be expected. I did like that he gave kudos to Warrick Dunn and Derek Brooks. I guess I was hoping that there would be something more, but it was just a football book with scriptures in it. There wasn't any real struggle that you want to root for him or get fired up about. So for kids that are dreaming football and have the privilege of getting placed in the best leagues, it might inspire them to do their best...I guess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through My Eyes.