Lynn Rush's Reviews > Haven

Haven by Hope Collier

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-romance
Read on February 22, 2012

Okay, I'd say the rating is more like 3.5 The story was interesting, characters unique and well developed, but man did the book slow down in the middle. Now, I might be biased since I like a bit more action in my novels than the average person....But I literally had to skim read the whole middle. The last couple of chapters were good, as I knew they would be, but I almost didn't make it through the slowness in the middle to get to the end.

Loved the writing. Collier has a great voice. Really. She wrote Alex really well. I love first person POV books, and Collier did well with it. The slow middle won't prevent me from picking up the sequel to see how things pan out...but I hope the middle is a little faster on the next novel. :) Write on, Hope Collier.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

02/22/2012 page 45
13.76% "Wow. I stumbled across this book on Amazon since it was free and I'm hooked!!! Great characters. Oh, and Gabe....he's yummy!!!!!"
02/22/2012 page 165
50.46% "OH dear. Sagging Middle Syndrome has struck. It started out so well-paced......I'll keep plugging along."