Pat's Reviews > Running Blind

Running Blind by Lee Child

Feb 26, 12

Recommended for: nobody
Read from February 22 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

My fourth Jack Reacher and very nearly my last. I've enjoyed the three previous books and was expecting to enjoy this one. But I didn't.

I would have abandoned this in disgust by half way if it were not for my sheer determination to finish it - just in case the author redeemed himself. But he didn't.

I really wanted this to be good - I like Jack Reacher books - or at least I have until this one. There was nothing in the previous books to suggest that I would tire of the main character or the story lines. I usually get that sort of inkling by book 3 and so I thought this one a safe bet.

Little of this book was believable and I had the end sorted out early... so soon in fact I thought I had to be wrong, it couldn't be that obvious.

At half way I read the review on Goodreads to see if there was a clue to encourage me to keep reading what by now I was considering an insult to my intelligence. I think Beej's review saved it - just. Apparently I shouldn't give up on the series as the following novels shrug this slump off. "...Reacher hasn't lost his shine."

Well, I'm not in a hurry to find out. But I will give him another chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Blind.

02/25/2012