S.J.D. Peterson's Reviews > Always MJ

4199206
Feb 22, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: books-written-by-me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always MJ.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D short story / novella / full length?

message 2: by S.J.D. (last edited Mar 20, 2012 06:35PM) (new) - added it

S.J.D. Peterson This one came in at 20k so whatever the hell that is. LOL OMG sad that I don't have a clue huh??

Oh wait I went and looked it up 15-30k is a novella

message 3: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Nice! Can't wait! Oh - I didn't tell you I read Battle Buddy this weekend. PLEASE tell me that you are writing more with those hot, sexy, badass Rangers!!

message 4: by S.J.D. (new) - added it

S.J.D. Peterson L-D wrote: "Nice! Can't wait! Oh - I didn't tell you I read Battle Buddy this weekend. PLEASE tell me that you are writing more with those hot, sexy, badass Rangers!!"

Yuppers. I originally had the idea for Battle Buddy for a submission call for a short story, but as I continued to write I knew I couldn't do it justice in a short story hence why I listed it as Rough Rangers 1 the next installment is from Owen's POV :) But my short free story for the m/m romance group is two bad ass marines :)

message 5: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn Yay!! I'm so glad Stacey recommended that to me. I can't wait to read the Marine one too.

message 6: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D Oooh Marines. Semper Fi, baby. Rangers, Marines, Special Forces, SEALs....so hard to pick a favorite. I did like your boot camp depiction. Brought back a lot of memories! That's why I loved the book I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier. That book had me ROLLING. It totally took me right back to my days as a lowly PVT. Reliving every scary yet hilarious moment.

Can't wait to read your story about the marines!

message 7: by S.J.D. (new) - added it

S.J.D. Peterson L-D wrote: "Oooh Marines. Semper Fi, baby. Rangers, Marines, Special Forces, SEALs....so hard to pick a favorite. I did like your boot camp depiction. Brought back a lot of memories! That's why I loved th..."

I haven't read I'll be your drill soldier, It's on my tbr list which is way out of control ~sigh~ Once I get Beyond Duty done I have to jump right into Jess's Journey so not sure when I'm going to get to read. Stacey and I are going to read Promise Rock together as soon as I get a chance! I heard that one is really fricken good!!

message 8: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D OMG - the first book in that series is CRAZY good. Very angst-ridden. Yes, I cried. It's one of my absolute favorites. The rest of the series was very good also, but the first book was just ... wow.

message 9: by S.J.D. (new) - added it

S.J.D. Peterson L-D wrote: "OMG - the first book in that series is CRAZY good. Very angst-ridden. Yes, I cried. It's one of my absolute favorites. The rest of the series was very good also, but the first book was just ....."

I keep putting it off cause I know once I start I won't want to do anything else. I'll want to read right through the series. I'm obsessive that way :)

message 10: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I totally am too. In fact, that's why I stopped doing all the reading challenges. I ended up reading like the first book in a dozen series and never getting back to the series. Forget that.

message 11: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn Jo, I 100% agree with Lannie! Both "drill" and PR are fantastic.