Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > That Boy

That Boy by Jillian Dodd

Mar 02, 12

Read in February, 2012

Reviewed at http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

This book completely melted me into one big pile of goo reminding me exactly what romance is all about. It was so real, honest, and vulnerable; I completely lost myself in the story. Jayden, Phillip, and Danny's relationship will melt your heart. You literally get to see their friendship develop before your very eyes. How many times have you read a book and everything happened too fast; the relationship, the story, the plot. That's definitely NOT the case here. Jillian Dodd gives you everything!! Allowing you to follow their lives from being kids to graduating college. By the end, you are so invested into what happens to them that you truly feel part of the story.

Jayden's two best friends are both guys. Danny is fun, care-free, hilarious and HOT! Phillip is literally prince charming, so completely sweet it hurts, and of course HOT!! They are so totally protective of Jayden and there is nothing they wouldn't do for each other. I completely ate every word up!!! This story has just the right amount of drama topped with real dialogue, heartache, love and a story you'll never forget. Don't get me wrong, I love my fantasy and paranormal, but this book didn't need that. It was true life; it was perfect!!!

If you aren't convinced yet, I'll let you know that I literally said WOW out loud to an empty room (at four o'clock in the morning) after reading the very last word (not to mention my alarm did go off an hour later). This is That Book you'll love and not soon forget!!

Check out the BOOK-tunes for That Boy at:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Boy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kari Thanks for the recommendation! Sounds great! Are you planning on reading That Wedding? I see that just came out this month.

message 2: by Tough Critic Book Reviews (last edited Feb 25, 2012 08:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tough Critic Book Reviews I read it the day after That Boy :-). Loved it too. It was hilarious; I couldn't stop laughing at certain parts. Not to mention heartbreakingly sweet. I just can't get over how we get to see the whole story. I fell in love with all the characters!!! I'm hoping there will be a book 3...That Baby??? :-)

Kari Well I put them both on my Kindle wish list. I've had to limit myself to a budget! So easy to just click that button and order anything in seconds that I got myself into trouble! lol

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Gammon Big pile of goo??? Wow, that is good. I'll have to check it out, I haven't been goo in a while;}
Is that a medical term!?
Thanks, Molly. Been looking for a good read!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Sherry wrote: "Big pile of goo??? Wow, that is good. I'll have to check it out, I haven't been goo in a while;}
Is that a medical term!?
Thanks, Molly. Been looking for a good read!"

LOL!!! Yes its right between icky and goop ;-) The book was just so irresistably sweet!!! I needed a good romance that wasn't all about lust or vampires. It stayed true to actual teenage/college life without being nothing but sex and cursing. It addressed the issues in a very PG-13 kind of way :-)

Kari Just finishing up "Split" today and then I'm on to some good romance! Who can resist a sweet love story??

message 7: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya (CCReviews) ohh rite. is that person done yet??

Tough Critic Book Reviews Shreya wrote: "ohh rite. is that person done yet??"

It stays on-loan for 14 days before it will be back on my Kindle; so 1 more week :-)

Rita Just finished reading this and going to start That Wedding as soon as I put the little one to bed! Thank you so much for recommending That Boy to me.....you were so right, I am a HUGE pile of goo right now ;) this is exactly what I needed to read after finishing Fifty Shades (which I still can't stop thinking about!), Beautiful Disaster, Thoughtless and Effortless.....as you can imagine, I needed something lite and sweet after all of those! Great recommendation...thanks again! :)

message 10: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya (CCReviews) HEY MOLLIE!!! how bout now??!

message 11: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari You will love it Shreya! Such a sweet story!!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Shreya wrote: "HEY MOLLIE!!! how bout now??!"

Sad day news :-( Apparently you can only loan a kindle book once. I'm sorry I didn't know that. It would definitely be worth the buy though!

message 13: by Shreya (new) - added it

Shreya (CCReviews) I hope so!!! I'm super excited!!! :D

Tough Critic Book Reviews Rita wrote: "Just finished reading this and going to start That Wedding as soon as I put the little one to bed! Thank you so much for recommending That Boy to me.....you were so right, I am a HUGE pile of goo r..."

I am so glad you liked it and that we can be goo together. I loved That Wedding too; several parts had be crying I was laughing so hard :-)

message 15: by Shreya (new) - added it