Catherine's Reviews > Club Dead

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: vampire, romance, mystery
Read from February 21 to 26, 2012

Eeep! I need the next one! I finished this and am so mad I didn't pick up the next one yet.

Club Dead starts with Sookie finding out secrets about Bill. Eventually he disappears and she leaves on a quest to find him after discovering that he'd been unfaithful. She shacks up with a Were named Alcide and, following classic romance traditions, pretends to be his girlfriend for the time being as a cover. This of course leads to feelings and lust.

On the other hand, there is still Eric who is chasing down Sookie. This book really made me root for Eric. I just don't really want Bill to be with Sookie. He's cold and distant and just...not hot. Part of the fun in reading the Stackhouse novels is that Sookie gets to choose who to be with. All these guys are falling for her and fighting for her in true alpha male nature.

Of course, like other novels in the series there is violence and steamy sex scenes including a non-consensual one. I hate gore and violence in books and film, but for some reason, I am hooked onto the Sookie Stackhouse books. I love Charlaine Harris's writing and even though it is popular literature that falls into formula fiction, I think they're extremely well written and even poke fun at itself. Love this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Dead.