Stephanie's Reviews > Palmistry: How to Chart the Lines of Your Life

Palmistry by Roz Levine

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: new-agey-stuff, silly, 2012

I don't have a review about this book, as I do a story about it.

I bought this book back in the 90's when I was working a Busch Gardens, Williamsburg VA., (one of the only places on earth you might run into Ben Franklin waiting in line at the grocery store to buy a gallon of milk and Cheetos).

I was reading it one day while on break at the Fest Hause, when a friend (let's call him Henry) of my manager's approached me and asked "Hey, what's that you're reading?"

"Um, it's a little embarrassing, a book on palmistry." I said. "It looked interesting so I picked it up. I don't believe in any of it, but it's kind of cool."

"So, you can read palms?" Henry asked.

"No....well....yeah I suppose technically I can tell you stuff I've learned from this book, but I ...don't have any special..."

"Read my palm!" He slapped his hand down, palm up, next to my lunch. Spork jumping a half a foot.

"Ok, I guess, but all I did was read a book." I repeated. "Anyone....almost anyone can do that."

So I look at the guys palm and "read" it. I tell him everything I see according to the BOOK. His face went white and stammered a bit and asked "You don't know anything about me, do you?" "not really" I answered, which was the truth. I wouldn't have known his name but for his name tag.

"Oh my god! You are amazing!! How did you know all that stuff about me?" He asked, starring at me bug eyed. It freaked me out a little to tell the truth.

"I didn't.....I read this book." I held it up and tapped the cover for emphasis. "I'm not amazing, I'm not psychic, I'm literate."

Ignoring me "You have to read my friends palms...they won't believe it!! You're spooky!!" he said "I'm going to set something up with them. Please do it...please, I'll pay."

"Oh for Pete's sake, I. Am. Not. Psychic.....FINE, tell me where and when....don't pay me, I'll do it for the alcohol."

That's the day I learned that I could have made a living at being a "psychic" with out any ability in that area what so ever. Then it occurred to me that maybe everyone that does do it for money, has no more ability than I do.......

Huh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Palmistry.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways ...hmmmm...

Loved your story. So true.

Stephanie Thanks!

message 3: by Adriana (last edited Feb 22, 2012 01:16PM) (new)

Adriana That happened to me but with tarot cards. I once told a friend (for fun) that she could expect a big change in her relationship and the next day she broke up with her boyfriend. To this day, I still get asked to read cards regardless of the fact that I don't claim to have any psychic power whatsoever.

Stephanie Adriana wrote: "That happened to me but with tarot cards. I once told a friend (for fun) that she could expect a big change in her relationship and the next day she broke up with her boyfriend. To this day, I stil..."

It's just for fun....... But people can take what you say very seriously.