David's Reviews > Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now

Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now by Maya Angelou

Feb 21, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now.

message 1: by Cobblos8 (new)

Cobblos8 Cobb I own this one -as I do most of her books. Such truth told in a way only Maya Angelou dishes it up. It's worth the short time it takes to read it. It reveals a woman's take on life.

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David That sounds like quite a recommendation. BTW Miss Angelou read poetry and spoke at UK. I don't know if you saw her or not.

message 3: by Cobblos8 (new)

Cobblos8 Cobb I not only saw her. She allowed me to take pictures of her with my camera which she autographed. I saw her twice. Once she brought her Mother with her and her son Guy. I took a photo with her and her Mom. I have one on the bookshelf with her books. I am honored to have had the opportunity to meet her. I saw her once at the California League of Middle Schools' Conference held near San Francisco. I facilitated a pre-conference workshop with one of my colleagues that I convinced to co-facilitate with me (I was preparing her to take my place as the ESL Dept. Chair). Ms. Angelou was a keynote speaker. Oops. I saw her at Pepperdine University as well where she read her poetry. I am a big fan of hers.

message 4: by David (new) - added it

David Isn't she amazing? You, too, have met some really impressive people.