Mesa 's Reviews > Take a Bow

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Mar 17, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 14 to 16, 2012

I found my favorite contemporary book of 2012 and my new favorite author!

You have no idea how much I love this book. It such a cute, adorable book! Take a Bow follows four unique, talented teenagers: Emme, Ethan, Sophie and Carter. I loved all characters, especially the member of Teenage Kicks: Emme, Ethan, Jack and Ben. Jack and Ben cracked me up throughout the book. It’s been a long time since a book has made me smile this much throughout the book, and even after I finished it, I had a smile on my face.

Carter is adorable, sweet guy. He really wants to be normal, to have normal friends, a normal life and not act all the time. Emme is a sweet girl; she’s very quick to forgive people. Ethan is kind of a reserved, quiet guy yet nice and caring. Sophie is a selfish, heartless and very manipulative. She uses Emme and Carter; she plays with their emotion. Even though she’s not my favorite, I really liked how she made the story more interesting.

Take a Bow is written in four POV. I know some people, including me, get confused when a book is written in multiple POV but I didn’t have problem with this book, I didn’t get confused ones.

I also loved how there is music in this books; it made the book more appealing. I think the characters were funny but also had depth and seemed real. I was able to relate to every single character. From the first moment I opened this book, I was smiling from ear to ear. This book went really fast for me, when I didn’t even want to finish it; it was that good.

The way Eulberg wrote this book was amazing. The writing is so beautiful. It’s another reason that I fell in LOVE with this book. Eluberg sense of humor, writing style, characters, and storyline will draw you and keep you cozy. There is NOTHING I would change about this book.

I can’t recommend this book enough! Every single person should pre-order this one; you won’t be disappointed. I have no doubt that if you are a fan of contemporary novels, music, and romance … you would adore this book. You are going to be missing a FANTASTIC book if you skip this one.

Now, I’m going to have to look for my copy of The Lonely Hearts Club (it’s somewhere in my messy bookshelf) because I’m addicted to Eulbergs writing, story and character.

Find the original review @ The Sagacity Quest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take a Bow.

03/14/2012 page 1
03/15/2012 page 38
14.0% "I'm really LOVING this already. The writing is BEAUTIFUL."
03/15/2012 page 132
47.0% "Oh my!"
03/16/2012 page 222
80.0% "I DO NOT WANT THIS BOOK TO END."

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Mimi Valentine Yesyesyes it is!! Oh my gosh, I ADORED this book -- I'm glad you're loving it so far too, Mesa! :)

Mesa Mimi wrote: "Yesyesyes it is!! Oh my gosh, I ADORED this book -- I'm glad you're loving it so far too, Mesa! :)"

Mimi, I just read your review, and I totally agree. It's such an amazing book. I'm not even finished reading it but I've a feeling this is going to be on my favorite shelf.

Mimi Valentine YAY, that makes me SO happy! This book is what inspired me to make an "adorable favourites" shelf because I loved it that much too! x) I can't wait to read what you think when you finish! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Told ya!

Mesa Mimi wrote: "YAY, that makes me SO happy! This book is what inspired me to make an "adorable favourites" shelf because I loved it that much too! x) I can't wait to read what you think when you finish! :)"

Mimi, just finished it now. Oh my gosh. So GOOOD! Awww it sure deserve to be in an "adorable favourites" shelf.

Mesa Kedamawit wrote: "Told ya!"

You were right. I'm going to look for my copy of The Lonely Hearts Club now.

BookChic Club I loved this book too! And Elizabeth is a wonderful author- her two previous books are great, but this has to be my favorite.

Mesa BookChic wrote: "I loved this book too! And Elizabeth is a wonderful author- her two previous books are great, but this has to be my favorite."

I know what you mean. It such a fantastic book. I'm looking forward to reading her debut novel.

Celeste I feel the same way about the book and the author. I'm gonna miss Teenage Kicks :(. E. Eulberg is one of the best YA writers I've read.