Ashley's Reviews > Warsworn

Warsworn by Elizabeth Vaughan

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from February 21 to 23, 2012

I just finished Warprize based on a post on Ilona Andrews' blog. Which only said like maybe five words. Heh. But the book summary I read sounded so much like The Blue Sword that I had to get my hands on it. Normally, I wouldn't be too gungho about any book that is just a replay of another book. But The Blue Sword is still one of my top ten favorite books of all time. It's an awesome book and all, but it holds a special place in my heart because I've reread it so often that it's become a comfort read, like fuzzy slippers or pajama pants that you've worn so often the elastic no longer has any stretch left in it.

Anyhow, Warprize was a fun, quick read. Read it easily in one day without any hitches in my schedule.

So just downloaded this book. On to Warsworn! Here's hoping that the sequel is as good as the first one.

Update: Good book. Very sad but well-written. I know a lot of reviewers naysayed (yes, I realize that looks grammatically unwholesome) Lara's wisdom with the plague, but to be true to herself and the part of her that made her a valuable asset to the Firelanders, she had to take the steps that she did. I did get anxious after reading reviews of people complaining that so many well-loved characters died, and then Ms. Vaughan started going into detail about each side character. It started to feel like a whodunit book, waiting to see who will die at the estate party. But, yes, characters die, yes, it's sad, but the whole supporting cast is not killed off. Not even half or a third. So, read it, it is sad, but it's worth the read, and the story is never overwhelmed with the grief or misery like a modern literature piece trying to whomp you over the head with a depressing message.

Again, good book. But I liked the third one best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warsworn.