Amy Carr's Reviews > The Glass Castle

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Jul 14, 2009

bookshelves: memoirs-adult
Read in July, 2009

One of the best memoirs I have read in a long time! I don't even know how to describe the story but it was extremely riveting, the writing was excellent, and the events filled with humor, tragedy, joy...you name it, this story has it! I loved every moment and feel sad it is over!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glass Castle.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-6 of 6) </span> <span class="smallText">(6 new)</span>

Susan I can't wait to hear what you think of this one!

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Carr I'm really excited to read it. I just picked it up from the library today and can't wait until the kids are in bed!!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Juliej One of my all time favorites. Madeline is reading it this summer for senior year English.

Susan I'm SO glad you liked it as much as I did! I even recommended it for G's school's summer reading program too!

Juliej Such a great book! Glad you loved it like I did. How grateful does it make you for normal parents?

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Carr I think it would be so interesting for teenagers to read! One of the aspects of the story that intrigued me was how "functional" some aspects of the story were in the midst of all the dysfunction. Despite their circumstances, 3 of the 4 children were able to rise above their circumstances and become successful. And their parents had some wonderful qualities that they shared with their children. Thanks for the recommendation Julie and Susan!