Donna McBroom-Theriot's Reviews > Montana Wildfire

Montana Wildfire by Rebecca Sinclair

Feb 21, 12

Read in February, 2012

“Yes, I must be,” Amanda said in a tone that would have done any tea social justice-calm, cool, collected…savage. “I’m crazy to have taken a job where my employer was a prejudiced bastard like yourself. Lord knows what I was thinking.” Jake grinned. He knew damn well what he was thinking: that his prissy little white princess had lost her cotton pickin’ mind! He didn’t say that, though. He couldn’t. For the first time in his life, a woman had left him speechless. He found his voice fast enough when Amanda spun on her heel and stalked toward the mare..."Amanda..." "Oh, shut the hell up, Jake," she snapped irritably. "I know what I'm doing." "I doubt that, princess. I really do."...Had Amanda just cussed? Amanda?

Montana Wildfire is written for the reader who loves the period before the West was really tamed, a time when Indians were looked upon as savages, and a half-breed could expect a life of misery. The story is well written and the characters deeply developed. Rebecca Sinclair is a wonderful writer and knows how to weave a story that grabs a reader and doesn’t let go until the last page of the book.

The words, the smells, the sights, and the sounds leap off of the page and leave you gasping either for a fresh breath of air or at an astounding view of the mountains.
I am a great fan of this particular era and have read hundreds of books from different authors. This story was authentic and enjoyable. It had love, drama, suspense, murder, and did I mention love (sighing here). There were no noticeable grammatical errors in the book and in my opinion, well written and edited.

I am giving Montana Wildfire five stars because it meets all of the criteria I look for in a great book – original story, character development, grammar, and conflict resolution. Montana Wildfire is a definite must read, and Rebecca Sinclair is an author you should add to your list of favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Montana Wildfire.