Holden Attradies's Reviews > The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan

Mar 09, 2012

bookshelves: non-fiction, skeptics-shelf
Read from February 21 to March 09, 2012

Now that I've read this I understand why everyone in the Skeptics community raves so much about it. It really is a pretty good all around introduction to scientific skepticism, and I wish I had read this one much earlier in my life. At this point I was already familiar with most of the things Sagan discusses in here, but it was great having him lay it all out in the clear way he was known for.

The book picked up speed as I went along. I wouldn't say it starts out slow or badly, but its doesn't really have a beginning that wow's. But, with every chapter the book gets better and I found my self finding it harder to put it down the further I got into it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon-Haunted World.

02/21/2012 page 167
03/07/2012 page 360
75.0% "Have to admit, this book gets better and better the further you get into it."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Winning Why am I not the least bit surprised that you are reading this?!! Actually, sounds pretty interesting!

Holden Attradies It's really good! I have to admit it hasn't had much in it I haven't read before, I think it was meant more as a beginner "skeptic" book. I high;y recommend it, although there are a few kind of dry chapters near the beginning, like the middle of the first third of the book, but after that it picks back up and is really engaging and exciting.