Livvy 's Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

May 19, 12

bookshelves: adult, favorites, may-2012, paranormal-romance, swoony-male, summer-reading-challenge-2012, vampires, 5-stars
Read from May 08 to 18, 2012

Damn this book was long, but it was utterly fantastic.

J.R. Ward really leaves little space for me to criticise. She manages to envelop secondary characters with individual storylines that are all interwoven with the main pairing, Rev and Ehlena and makes everything exciting and interesting. Despite the secondary characters all gaining their own attention it doesn’t take it away from the main storyline.

It was lovely to see the reappearance of Wrath and Beth who we meet in the first book, Dark Lover. I advise you all if you haven’t read the Black Dagger Brotherhood series to go rush and buy them! They are utterly fantastic and only get better! However, don’t read them out of order because they really require the precise order to make any form of sense because of the character depth and storyline.

By the end of the book I was in the state of happiness and despair. The action Ward creates is indescribable and the ending makes sure we cannot wait for the next book!

Rev has to be one of my favourite all time characters! He was on the peripheral for most of the previous books and somebody I failed to connect with, but Ward brought him in at the perfect moment. He’s everything your lead male should be and by the end I was a gooey mess on the floor. A sweet kind of over-indulged mess!

Me: [image error]

After all, he manages to be the strong, sexy male throughout the whole book with this unwavering devotion to protect those he cares for. What more could a girl ask for?

Saying that, these book shouldn’t just be labelled as for the female population, because it is clear to me, that both women and men can love them equally. The third person perspective that Ward presents that allows her to adopt the view of so many characters allows you to delve into the story from your own perspective and rather than attempt to view the plot from a female/male perspective you can take it as your own and really enjoy it.

My only problem if I had to pick one with this book, is the villain. I truly detest him beyond belief. I think that’s the point, but it’s to the extent that I skim read the sections that follow his life. However, having said that his character is brilliant as a leading villain, but for me, I cannot stand to read about him!

This book really does contain everything and the suspense is fantastic. We get a build up of so many key events that it becomes almost the perfect ‘Disney’ moment.

description

I fail to see how Ward can truly offer us more in one book, because she seemed to surpass her usual standards with Lover Avenged and I know I’ll certainly be picking ‘Lover Mine’ up very quickly in deed!

Just read the series because you will not regret it!

Review also found here: http://nerdybookreviews.wordpress.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

05/08/2012 page 144
20.0% "On an insane moment I stop in the middle of the chapter, most likely because it's Lash and he bores me and annoys (less polite word there) me greatly!! Otherwise, Revenge *sigh* YOU GOD! haha."
05/10/2012 page 461
64.0% "*Sigh* This book is amazing so far. However the length is crazy! I love how we get an update on Bella and Wrath and their situation, John and Xhex, Thor and then the main story of Rev and Ehelna. Ward never neglects to fill in her secondary characters which I adore!"
05/14/2012 page 506
70.0% "This is how the Rev makes me feel. I fall into a dream world of thought. *Sigh* I love this book!

description"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gavin This book and Lover Avenged are my favorites of the series. Who does not love Rhevenge?. I quite like Lash, he's a great villain.

Livvy This book is Lover Avenged..

Ahhh, he's a genius! I adore the Rev!

Gavin Ahhh so it is! I can be a total lack-wit at times.

I was trying to say my other favorite is Zsadist and Bella's story Lover Awakened.

I love that these books are so long, It gives Ward the time to be so detailed with those secondary characters.

Livvy Ahhh, I love that one too. My personal favourites are Lover Eternal and Lover Unbound.

Yes! She does such a fabulous job with secondary characters because I haven't even read Lover Mine and I feel like John is such a key part of the story. It's wonderful. I think some authors really fail to do this!

Gavin V's my least favorite brother, I never warmed to him for some reason. Not that that stopped me enjoying Lover Unbound.

Livvy Ahhhh. I quite like him. My favourite brother is Rhage by far! Although I can't wait for John's book because he's one of my favourite characters.

Gavin Yes!, I've not long finished John's book Lover Mine. I absolutely loved it. John's such a great character. That said, I think another character almost steals the show in Lover Mine!.

I do find it difficult to pick a favorite between Zsadist and Rhevenge.

Livvy Ahhh. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Really? Oh dear, well I suppose you kind of get absorbed in the books that you just enjoy them anyway!

Hmmm. They are both brilliant characters! I love them all if I'm honest, I suppose Butch is one I least connected with. I don't think V is one of my favourite characters either, I just really enjoyed his book!

Gavin Oh no, don't get me wrong, John is his usual great self it's just I really loved the chapters given to another character. I may even have a new favorite soon!.

I loved Butch!.

Livvy Ahhh, I'm glad. Ohhh, I'm relaly excited to read Lover Mine now, even though I haven't yet finished Lover Avenged.