Angela's Reviews > Riveted

Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: steampunk, romance, challenge-2012, review-books-done, kindle
Read from September 05 to 07, 2012

3.5 Stars.

Though I really loved both Annika and David, the story just didn't draw me in until the last 1/3 - when I couldn't put it down. I'm not sure if it was being in the New World, with their prejudices against all those infected, or something else...Will have to think on it a bit more before a full review.

Good story, good romance, great characters, just something missing/not working for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riveted.

09/05/2012 "I don't remember a lot of the first two stories in this series, I hope that isn't detrimental to this reading..." 3 comments
09/05/2012
12.0% "So that hadn't been her. Damn.
Heh!"
09/06/2012
80.0% "Fell asleep last night reading, then woke up and started again..." 1 comment
09/06/2012
92.0% "Gah! Caught in the wilderness, sick and dying! And I have to stop... o.O"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2012 04:46AM) (new)

Great review, Angela! I noticed this series some time ago but back then I didn't read steampunk romances. I tried one after and I liked it so decided to mark this series. Did you like the first books?

Angela Yes! I've loved all the previous books. Here There Be Monsters, is a short story that's fantastic and fun - good intro to the world. The Iron Duke and Heart of Steel both got between 4.5 and 5 stars for me. The world is just incredible, and the characters are fantastic. I'm dying for Scarsdale's story.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha, I hear the excitement in your voice! I'm glad you liked it so much! :) Have you ever read The Guardians series? I have my eyes on it too. Jeez, too many books, too many!!! LOL

Angela Definitely excitement ;) This series was the first steampunk I've read, and I still think it's the best.

I read the prequel in the Guardians series, and I've been meaning to get back to it ever since. So many books to read! I never have enough time! LOL

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2012 05:29AM) (new)

I've read only two sreampunk books. My first one was Soulless. I liked it but the end of the book was a bit weak. Then I read Wicked as They Come. It was really good. It has quite unusual word, a mix of antiutopia and Victorian times. But both of them are more of an adventure than love story.

Angela Soulless is on my TBR list, as is Wicked as they come. I've not read many other steampunk, honestly, probably because the few I have read just don't live up to this world.

I think MB does a good job in these of balancing the adventure/plot with the romance - definitely a lot of romance/love story in these (in general)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, it's a GOOD news *clapping hands* Thanks!

Angela Can't wait to hear what you think! :D