Roberto Mattos's Reviews > The Fourth Fisherman: How Three Mexican Fishermen Who Came Back from the Dead Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage

The Fourth Fisherman by Joe Kissack

M 50x66
Feb 21, 12

Read in February, 2012

This is a very inspirational book, where the author describes in parallel his own story and the incredible story of three Mexican fishermen who were lost at sea for almost 10 months before being rescued. The parallel he describes is strong and can be applied to many lives, probably including mine. While the fishermen were lost at sea, they had their faith supporting them every moment of their ordeal. While the author was safe in his home and with his job, his lack of faith make him feel completely lost and delusional in his own world. He goes from a red carpet reception on an important event, to suicidal depression and addiction to prescription drugs.
And after his experience with God, the author had an unique opportunity of interacting with the three fisherman and that experience changes his life forever.

This is a very well written and touching story that deserves to be in the permanent library of any Christian person. The author divides the story in 40 short chapters and an epilogue, making the reading very easy and enjoyable. It took me approximately 7 hours to read this book.

This book was written by Joe Kissack and was published in March of 2012 by WaterBrook Multnomah Books. The publishers were kind enough to provide me a copy for reviewing through their Blogging for Books Program.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fourth Fisherman.