Megan's Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

May 22, 12

bookshelves: young-adult-literature
Read from March 25 to 28, 2012

I would honestly give this book 4.5 stars if I could. I thought it was a fascinating story filled with fantastic morals for children and young-adults. I also think it's one that would be quite difficult to understand without an adult reading it alongside a child. The vocabulary is more advanced than I consider most juvenile fiction books to have, and the concepts and morals could use explanation for younger children. Overall, a great story about the power of love and self-understanding.

There were many fantastic quotes in the book, but I wanted to write down two of my favorites:

"Tears almost came to her eyes at the gentle use of the old nickname. 'I wanted you to do it all for me. I wanted everything to be easy and simple . . . . So I tried to pretend that it was all your fault . . . because I was scared, and I didn't want to have do anything myself - '

'But I wanted to do it for you,' Mr. Murry said. 'That's what every parent wants.'"

"Listen, Meg. Listen well. The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.