Neptunem's Reviews > Ireland

Ireland by Frank Delaney

U_50x66
Aug 23, 08

Read in August, 2008

It is as if Frank Delaney wrote his novel, Ireland, to be an audio book. Ireland is a novel about a Storyteller and the stories he tells about Irish history. We are treated to the creation of Newgrange and the Book of Kells. We learn about Brendan the Navigator and Conor, the King of Ulster. Each story stands alone but together they form still another story. I cannot recommend this book more highly…especially as an audio book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ireland.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sskous (new) - added it

Sskous thanks, Lynn! I've been reading the boys The Sailor Who captured the Sea A Story of the Book of Kells by Deborah Nourse Lattimore. Aside from the incredible illustrations, it's a Dangerous Book for Boys with real men heroes and religious heroism, too. And, they are delighted because the youngest of the 3 brothers is one Broghan!

Neptunem Now I must start a new book list...books to read to Brendan and Aidan! Thank you, Shannon.

Karllit Totally reminded me why I liked this book. If you like Frank Delaney, I found this funny rap he wrote about James Joyce just before doing this weekly podcast on "Ulysses." http://bit.ly/lt3FnZ Hope you like the video as well.

message 4: by Jolee (new)

Jolee your review made me excited to listen to this book.
thanks.

Annie Speaking of audio books, I actually listened to this read aloud on CD the first time I read it, and you are right. It's wonderful read aloud.