Thriller Reader's Reviews > Diary of a Short Life

Diary of a Short Life by Michael R. Krozer

U 50x66
Feb 21, 12

Read in February, 2012

The title and the cover photo grabbed me right away. Here was someone living through some kind of torment. The table of contents gave me a clue that there was going to be some kind of transformation happening, and quickly. The chapter titles highlighted frames from a life that I needed to know more about. We also learn from the forward how much she has grown as a person and what a deep and wonderful personality she has.

The telling of this story is full of subtlety. The main character, Angela, is recounting her life in the pages of her diary. She is reflecting upon herself, giving us an intimate understanding of her quirks, fabulous sense of humor, sensuality, and inner torment. She doesn’t know what has happened to her and what interest other players have in her life. She doesn’t know if her memories are reality or fantasy. We are left with questions along the way because Angela doesn’t yet know the answers. But by looking carefully at what she tells us and what she does, all the clues are there and crystallize beautifully at the end of her journey.

Recounted as a slice of an incredible life, some situations are harrowing and uncomfortable to experience, others are full of love, kindness, and the thrill of achievement. This is the kind of book that you can cozy up to and it is easy make Angela your friend because she is so honest and vulnerable…a rare kind of friend that you wish you had. It is clear that this book concludes one frame in her life and takes the first step into the next. I am hoping for, and looking forward to, the next book. I don’t want to say goodbye to her.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Short Life.