Jodie (Books for Company)'s Reviews > Firelight

Jul 21, 2012

Read from February 21 to March 04, 2012

www.booksforcompany.com
In Short
- This is my first but hopefully not my last dragon book.
- I loved how the dragons were part of a modern day setting.
-I really like the mystery between the two main characters, never knowing what was going to happen.
-I love Jacinda, her character is strong and actually thinks about what she is going to do.
In Long
Firelight was one of my review books which I got excited to read because it’s the kind of book which throws me into the deep end with regards to reading a dragon book. I haven’t yet read a book with dragons in and to be honest never believed I would because I have always thought I wouldn’t be able to get into a book with dragons in as I wouldn’t be able to believe what was happening.
Right from the beginning the action starts. The dragon side of things is introduced into the book and I actually found myself very intrigued by it. It’s such a unique ‘theme’ and throughout the book I looked forward to more information about the dragons. I think maybe I was able to be dragged into liking the whole dragon thing because the dragons are in just a normal modern day setting in this book. It made it effortless for me to believe.
Jacinda is a character who I automatically liked, she is strong willed but also not stupid and won’t go and do really silly things for no reason. The mystery between her and Will is amazing, I loved it! Every time they saw each other I never knew what would happen or where there relationship would go and I loved the suspense.

Final Thoughts
Firelight is a great book, Sophie kept my attention pretty much throughout the whole book and it’s not one of those books which is easy to put down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.

02/25/2012 page 36