Sara's Reviews > A Lesson in Passion

Feb 21, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: romance, 2012
Read in February, 2012

This book was pretty good. At first I was very skeptical, it seemed as though it was probably just a rip-off of the Outlander series (which I love!) so it took me a while to get into it. By the end I really did like the characters, and the storyline was good (if a bit predictable).

Here are the basics of the story:
Ginny, our unlucky in love heroine, goes on what turns out to be the "worst vacation EVER" with her lesbian friend, and through unfortunate circumstances (gay/lesbian convention at the hotel, food poisoning, natural disaster) spends the entire time reading romance novels, which are not her norm. They finally leave the horrible vacation, and on the way home, end up in a car accident. This is when Ginny wakes up in Scotland, in the 16th century, and in the middle of a romance novel. She has to fall in love with the hero, and get to the end of the story in order to go home.

Or perhaps not???

The final twist is that Ginny DOESN'T get home, she gets into someone else's life again.

I'm eager to read the rest of the series. Hopefully, the other books won't remind me quite so much of others that I've already read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lesson in Passion.