Talyah's Reviews > Shades of Earth

Jan 07, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2013, young-adult, sold-gave
Read from January 23 to February 02, 2013

This cover is going to drive my OCD crazy!

(I'm super picky about my bookshelf. It's arranged by genre in alphabetical order. Also, if they are in a series they have to all be either hardcover or paperback and match! Moira Young's Dustlands series did this to me too =( the book Gods are working against me *shakes fist*)
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.

Quotes Talyah Liked

Beth Revis
“I learned that life is so, so fragile. I learned that you can know someone for just days and never forget the impression he left on you. I learned that art can be beautiful and sad at the same time. I learned that if someone loves you, he'll wait for you to love him back. I learned that how much you want something doesn't determine whether you get it or not, that "no" might not be enough, that life isn't fair, that my parents can't save me, that maybe no one can.”

Beth Revis
“What is in our hearts is real whether we name it or let it exist only in darkness or silence.”

Beth Revis
“But death doesn't work like that. It doesn't care if someone loves you, doesn't want you to go. It just takes. It takes and it takes until eventually you have nothing left.”
Beth Revis, Shades of Earth

Kelly i had no clue i wasn't the only neurotic one. I literally gave away most of my books and re-bought them all with the same covers so they would all sit nicely on my bookshelf. :D

Talyah You're not alone! I did the same thing not too long ago; I had several series on my bookshelf that were mixed paperback & hardcovers, so I gave the paperbacks away and re-bought them in hardcovers. This neurosis is expensive!

Kelly Expensive but the pay-off, oh so worth it