Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Shepherd's Moon

3382002
Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: read-2-review, fantasy
Read from March 23 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

Let me first say, as always, thank you to R2R and the author for allowing me to read a copy of this book for a review. I was kind of reluctant to pick up this book first when I read the little blurb, but I am so glad I did. First, Let me give you a little more description... Alex is a human, who has the power to read the minds of animals (it goes a little more than that, but let's not spoil things)... not just basic animals, but say shifters :) She is a Shepherd which is basically like a governing body over the paranormal world that the human world does NOT know about, and they intend to keep it that way. She also works in a special police department to help, as her powers come in quite handy. I was not expecting these things in this book. I don't know what I had in my mind, but it wasn't this. However, I really like this book. If you are in to the detective/cop/PI type book with supernatural and paranormal added to it, this is perfect for you.

Alex is a stubborn, strong willed, little lady, but trust me she isn't weak. She has always had to prove herself, and then after some bad starts in life, she caught a break and enters her world she lives in now.... no, not parallel dimension or anything like that, I'm trying not to give away spoilers LOL Her "pack" has a really complicated, yet oddly working, situation. She will do anything to protect her pack, no matter what. And, let's say that mysterious man kinda drove me mad, made me giggle, and grew on me by the end of the book!

I can't say too much else except that I really liked this book, and I don't want to give too much away, but there is a ton of great characters in here, and such a refreshing mysterious type plot, and it's got a feeling that the characters are believable, maybe because they each have strengths and weaknesses and flaws... :) 4 big PAWS from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shepherd's Moon.