Benjamin Thomas's Reviews > The Other Side of Midnight

The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon

Oct 29, 14

bookshelves: thriller-romantic
Read from February 21 to 24, 2012, read count: 1

So I inherited a lot of books from my mom and among them were about 10 Sidney Sheldon novels. I had read a couple of his years ago and while I thought they were pretty good, I wasn't compelled to go out of my way to aquire more of them. So I went into this one with a certain hopefulness but not expecting to be blown out of the water.

But I was...blown out of the water, I mean. Written in the '70s, it takes place during and shortly after WWII. But it's not "about" WWII but rather about three main characters who happen to interact during that time period. This novel is intrigue to the max, featuring numerous sordid affairs, rags to riches storylines, power-grabs, glamour, backstabbing plotlines, etc. Definitely a page-turner and suprisingly (at least to me) risque for the time it was written. It is the only Sheldon novel I know that has a sequel, Memories of Midnight and I am looking forward to that one with relish. Highly recommended.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Side of Midnight.

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki Sheldon ruled the best-seller lists in the seventies, but I'm pretty sure I never read anything by him.

Cyndi This novel, The Naked Face, and Stranger in the Mirror are representative of Mr. Sheldon's best work, in my opinion.

Enjoy your journey..