Karen's Reviews > The Mill on the Floss

The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot

May 08, 12

bookshelves: to-read

(I wrote this on July 24, 2008. Think of that!)
I wandered the library looking for fiction with nothing in mind. I wanted to balance a fantasy novel that I grabbed on the spur of the moment with something more reliable, so I wandered over to the Ws for Wharton. I had Age of Innocence in my hand, but I've read it before and I am not in the mood for a repeat right now. Wharton sent me to Eliot, and I did have that resolve to read Mill on the Floss. Lo and behold! Two copies on the shelf. I took it as a sign. I am unreasonably excited to read this book.

Update: May 8, 2012
So some years have passed and I'm doing some Goodreads housekeeping and I am perusing my to-read list. This book is in my house RIGHT NOW from the LIBRARY which I grabbed to flush some really bad fantasy out of my brain (Name of the Wind, and I'm not going to even bother to review it). Wharton did not this time send me to Eliot; I was looking for EM Forster (and I did just give Howard's End three stars). I consider myself very reasonably excited to read Mill.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mill on the Floss.