RLA's Reviews > Enticed by His Forgotten Lover

Enticed by His Forgotten Lover by Maya Banks

Feb 21, 12

Read in February, 2012

The hero Rafe is trying to go about his life business as usual without any of his business associates realising that his recent plane crash has left him with amnesia for the preceding months. During a business gathering he is approached by the heroine Bryony, and left stunned when her response to his query whether he knows her or not is a punch to the face. Bryony is upset to learn about Rafe's condition, especially that the time he has lost is the time he spent with her. Rafe doesn't know what to think of Bryony's assertions that they had fallen in love with one another, but he wants to believe her. In hope of regaining his memory, Rafe asks Bryony to take him back to her home, the place they had supposedly fallen in love. Although nothing seems to trigger his memory, Rafe begins to realise that Bryony is very special and he wants to have a future with her and their child regardless of what went on before. But he also can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

I was surprised by how much I liked this story. The amnesia trope is something I wanted to roll my eyes at, but I have to say that this is done very well. I couldn't get enough of the really fun writing style that Maya Bank's has, it has a nice casual style and the dialogue, especially the heroine's, made me smile. This reminded me a little of the older Desire books that are much more down to earth than some of the more recent Desire's have been.
The pace and flow of the story is perfect, and the conflict is weaved in very subtly, as I was reading I felt that something wash going to come crashing down at any minute, and that made it very compelling reading.
The reasons behind the characters actions are well explained, with plenty of drama (in a good way).

This book manages to be both intense and heart warming, I really liked it! I look forward to reading the other books in this mini-series.

Originally posted at http://everyday-is-the-same.blogspot....
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enticed by His Forgotten Lover.

AgentScully I liked that the author didn't shy from making him a jerk (in the past).

message 2: by RLA (new) - rated it 4 stars