Richard's Reviews > 77 Shadow Street

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

Feb 20, 12

Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

I suppose I can see how some people will appreciate this book. After all, Koontz is a gifted writer, and I'm a huge fan. This book, however, was a huge disappointment.

77 Shadow Street was torture to read because I never once felt compelled to keep reading as Koontz nearly always makes me feel. It's such a vast departure from his current writing style, wherein his heroes and plot have redeeming, transcendent qualities, that it makes me wonder if this is an unfinished book from his earlier career that he finally got around to finishing and publishing.

I finished this book only out of loyalty to the author. I look forward to reading the next Odd book and others as I trust Koontz will return to mesmerizing and inspiring his readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 77 Shadow Street.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melody Oliphant I'm soooo excited for the next Odd book! Odd is, by far, my favorite character in all of Koontz' books.

Richard Are you doing the 2012 challenge? For me, the challenge drives my reading and makes me read more things I might not normally pick up.

Melody Oliphant Richard wrote: "Are you doing the 2012 challenge? For me, the challenge drives my reading and makes me read more things I might not normally pick up."
I'm not. I'm just reading things that pique my curiosity. Right now I just really need a distraction from real life, though, so I am trying to keep a book on hand.