Danielle's Reviews > Blessings

Blessings by Anna Quindlen

F_50x66
Mar 08, 12

Read from February 20 to March 04, 2012

I really liked the characters and plot of this book. I am really excited to read other books by this author based on this book. I would recommend this book to Kristin and to my Mom. The only thing that I would say that kept me from 5 stars was that I felt that the ending was not realistic-spolier alert-if a mother abondons a child without regard for safety, the system (law and child protection services) would not just hand the child back because she has now been located. We do not play gotcha in this country with children-we found you so now you have to raise the baby. Though I do not disagree that the arrangment with Skip raising Faith was untenable, I would have prefered a more realistic, if depressing ending, ie the mother in jail or at least charged with child abondoment and endangerment (a mother who left her child here in Philly was recently charged with attempted murder) and Faith in foster care. It may seem cruel but it would be more honest. Despite this, I really enjoyed the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blessings.