Emma's Reviews > Phantom

Phantom by L.J. Smith

Feb 20, 12

Read in February, 2012

This new trilogy begins with the nightmares, trials and tribulations from the last trilogy far behind them. The entire cast of characters seem to be given a whole brand new lease on life. Sadly, there's the possibility of the demise of one of their close friends, but that's where the plot thickens. So not everything is quite perfect at Fell's Church, Virginia. But in the beginning there's hope that normalcy will return to their lives. But I reached that conclusion prematurely because a new cycle of danger started up again. And once again our heroic characters must grapple with this new danger and figure out how to defeat it and banish it from their realm. A lot of magic and witchcraft are involved. The book series is written for young adults and there are many good messages, aphorisms, pearls of wisdom to be gleaned from reading the books, like the importance of friendship, and the dangers of jealousy and envy. I won't give away the ending of the book, but I was delighted by the conclusion. The next book in the Hunter series comes out the middle of next month. I highly recommend this book to fans of the Twilight series and young adults everywhere. You won't be disappointed. I'm close to being finished with this series and I can give these books to my nieces with a clear conscience, knowing that they are reading enjoyable books with good messages in them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantom.