Lisa's Reviews > Farsighted

Farsighted by Emlyn Chand

Jul 31, 12

Read in February, 2012

Hey, Emlyn1--I kind of randomly stumbled on this doing research. You and I share a tendency to feature disabled characters. I give you credit for having a blind mc--so hard. You've done a great job and I'm really enjoying the book! I'll complete the review when I am done. (I was reading until 3AM last night and was totally shocked when I looked at the clock!)

Okay--finished! I thought you did an absolutely brilliant job portraying Alex and his struggles to be a normal teen. That's what kept me reading. Pacing wise, things got a little choppy for me. I feel that you can do a better job foreshadowing Dax---and I know you have done that a bit---but I would like to see Dax himself make an appearance in Alex's consciousness before he gets that Simmi is in danger. I think that would work out the kinks. I know you can do it---you are a very good writer with a lot of sensitivity to people and their emotions. I'd take my time, let the emotions and the reactions unfold. No need to be in such a hurry!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farsighted.

message 1: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand Awww, thanks. Breaking Glass sounds wonderful. The YA genre in particular needs to address the issue of otherness. I'm currently working on the extended edition of Farsighted, incorporating reader feedback, extending some scenes, and shoring up others. I'll be releasing a hardcover edition, and it's going to be translated into braille. So excited :-D It's weird writing book #2 in the series, though. I have to remember to see and describe things, but I'm so used to relying on the other senses. Can't be helped.

You need a GoodReads author page, Missy!

Lisa Thanks---once I know what's going on, I'll put one up there. Let's stay in touch. My email is mommatoo@optonline.net Maybe we can do some beta reading for each other.

message 3: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand Totally. You can get me at author@emlynchand.com. I'd love to talk, but I can't offer beta-reading, I'm sorry! I'm the President of Novel Publicity and have to read so many client books that I just can't keep my head on straight sometimes. We can do other things to help each other - no worries. I have a specialty in online book marketing. I'm better at that than beta-ing, no question about it.

PS I have an MS out with an agent at the moment as well. The waiting is the toughest part.

Lisa okay..no prob!