Alex's Reviews > Ever After

Ever After by Kim Harrison

6520943
Jan 28, 13

Read from January 23 to 26, 2013

** spoiler alert ** I just finished this book a few days ago.

I really enjoyed it. One of the best books in the series, in my opinion.
I found myself quite enthralled throughout the book. I just had to keep reading til the end.

The only thing that really bothered me in this book was Nick. He just felt like a ridiculous plot device. He should have been killed off already. The fact that he continued to stay alive throughout the book aggravated me so much. I was honestly pissed off as I was reading. He was in-part responsible for multiple deaths, including children. He beats on Rachel in one scene (seriously? Rachel is a demon and Nick isn't even an inderlander and she couldn't defend herself?). He gets caught more than once and magically escapes. WHY WAS HE ALLOWED TO LIVE? Everyone wanted this guy dead but they left it up to Rachel who continued to allow him to live. Ugh, it just pissed me off beyond belief. So much could have been prevented with this idiot's death. Hence, plot device.

I was hoping by the end of the book the author would finally end Nick's existence, along with a nice ending to Ku'Sox.

At the end we're made to believe that Nick survived while Ku'Sox died...but the author hints at Ku'Sox switching bodies with Nick. Rachel believes that the one who survived really is Nick and not Ku'Sox who switched bodies.

If Ku'Sox survived that is kinda a big let down after the entire book leads up to the showdown with him, but on the other hand I REALLY hate Nick, so here's to hoping that he did indeed switch bodies and that body they found was indeed her ex-boyfriend. Good riddance.

Was kinda nice to see little Ivy in this book. For the most part she was "out of town". Usually there's a lot of vampire drama when she's around so it was a nice change.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever After.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shdnx (new) - added it

Shdnx I feel similarly. More ever-after and demons please!

message 2: by Shdnx (new) - added it

Shdnx Also, Rachel is not utilizing virtually any of her demon abilities, which is just WRONG. I understand that it'd be tough to write an interesting story about her if she could (and would) do everything e.g. Al can do, but still; dear author, why did you make Rachel to be a demon if you can't cope with it?

message 3: by Vanyel (new) - added it

Vanyel Kane Thank you! That was my problem with the A perfect Blood' Things are looking up in this next one.