Nicoledp67's Reviews > Fang

Fang by James Patterson

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: 8th-grade
Read from February 20 to 25, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Another book containing the mutant freak bird kids (or whatever they call themselves nowadays... "Avian-American"? Really?) - and their talking dog. Stupid talking dog, technically speaking...

Tons of action, clipped sentences, more feeling-sorry-for-themselves reveries, etc. etc. etc.

But whats this? A new bird kid in the scene?

Ugh, more of those reveries.

At least we get out of the Fang/Max thing.
Max: He's so perfect. He's so perfect. Why did I ever deny it in the first place at ALL? He's so perfect. I can't leave him. Oh, the flock, they're in danger from a fire? Too bad, I want some alone time with Fang. He's so perfect. He's so perfect.
Fang: What a great smile she has. Oh, I love it so much. Why doesn't she see herself in a mirror sometime? Maybe she'll understand what I feel. Great smile, eyes, oh especially her hair, etc. etc.

That's basically what their love is before Dylan comes. Ugh. And then Max gets all frustrated about it when her flock rebels against it. Or should I say THE FLOCK. Time for Angel to move in!

Max: No! Fang's gone! How will I live without him! Someone save me!
Fang: I have to leave for Max's goodness. And the flock, but who really cares about them? Not me. Only I care about Max!

And then Dylan just plunges a needle into himself. I get what he means about not wanting his life cause Max and Fang seem only right for each other, but it was kinda stupid and stupid... and stupid. He didn't even die! Apparently. -_-

After that, a dog wedding? Not necessarily... necessary -_- Why did the flock even need a talking dog in the first place? And a Voice? Its as if Max can't guide the flock on her own at all.

Meh. Too much drama, too many endgames/cliffhangers, not enough explaining. ANNOYING!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fang.

02/20/2012 page 56
02/21/2012 page 95
31.0% "I thought Max already had her perfect other half, and now she has two! Why did Dylan have to show up and mess things up? Max was perfect with Fang, not Dylan. You can see that Max is really skeptical with him being there: "...Dylan could easily be any girl's perfect other half. If I didn't already have a perfect other half, I might have been thrilled with the gift of my very own gorgeous mutant." (93)"
02/23/2012 page 190
61.0% "Eh, now I'm getting kinda tired of Max being in denial about Dylan. She's not willing to back down, because that's Max, but really? I can see she's giving in, though, bit by bit, because even though she's in denial, her world goes topsy turvy again: "The irony of Dylan complaining about his usually perfect skin was not lost on me. I laughed, then smothered it, not willing to be sucked into his charm." (183)"
show 1 hidden update…