Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Inbetween

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Aug 16, 12

Read from August 03 to 12, 2012

This story for me was yet another book that took me by surprise. I really didn’t know what to expect when I started reading Inbetween and thought for some reason it was a contemporary YA, but I was way off.

Inbetween introduces you to Finn and Emma. Finn, to me, was a very broken character. The person he loved most he lost, and being a reaper isn’t exactly his idea of a great job. I really liked how as a reader you could feel his sadness. It isn’t until he gets called to collect a soul in a car crash that he gets a slight of hope. He gets called to a crash site to take the souls of Emma and her Dad. Here is where I got a little confused and found myself re-reading the scene. I didn’t quite understand what was going on and who Emma was, but eventually (about three pages later) it all fell into place. I think it was just all happening a little too fast for me to absorb. However, once I caught on, the story got very interesting. Emma carries the soul of the girl Finn once loved, or rather, is still very much in love with.

I just want to say that it was very sad reading Finn’s thoughts every time it came to Emma. He wanted to protect her and keep her safe, but at the same time he wanted to reveal himself to her and love her. He was so torn between the rules and love and I think Tara Fuller did an excellent job sucking in her readers and making them feel the same way. I wanted to yell “Do it!” and then at one point “No, don’t!”…I was very involved in this story as you can tell.

I loved the emotional side of it, the action side of it, and the romance. What I did not really care for was the main character Emma. She was up and down for me and I just found it very hard to connect with her feelings. It was just a little too easy for her to believe and fall for Finn. This was the only thing I had a hard time with. The story jumps from Finn to Emma throughout the whole book and whenever Emma’s turn came to speak, I just didn’t really care but knew I had to read it to keep up.

Key things that stuck out most to me and helped me enjoy this book:

-- The Reapers – Finn and his friends. I loved their friendships with one another and their personalities.

-- The world Finn and his friends live in. It was put together really well and very enthralling. This isn’t the first book I’ve read on reapers, but it’s definitely a different take on it and it was refreshing.

-- The Romance – even though I wasn’t big on Emma, their romance was very moving. Finn refused to move on. He loved her and no matter what happened, he refused to give up. The writing was great. I really like the way Tara Fuller writes and I am definitely looking forward to reading any of her future books.

-- I laughed my butt off. I know for such a serious story, I found myself laughing out loud at some of the things that Finn’s friends would say. It was definitely a fun read as well as emotional.

Overall, Inbetween was a good read and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to the second book in the series. It’s a good book and I recommend it.

3.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbetween.

08/03/2012 page 77
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather Hi Damaris,

We are trying to get Tara's book, Inbetween, into the top 100 on Amazon. We need at least 30 reviews on Amazon and have 8 right now. If you could post your review love, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The link to her book is http://www.amazon.com/Inbetween-Kisse....

Thanks so much for all that you do!

~ Heather Riccio, Senior Publicist

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Heather wrote: "Hi Damaris,

Hi Heather,

I actually have it schduled to go up next week. I will check in the morning and see if I can push the date. :-)

Heather Thanks! :)