Lily's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Feb 25, 12

Read from February 20 to 25, 2012

This is my second read of this series. I saw a fellow Goodreader was reading it, and since it was in my Kindle collection I decided to pick it up again. Since I have been in the middle of some difficult reads, I needed what I usually call a "fluff novel". And for that purpose, the book delivered.

It has been years, and some of the details were familiar, but I once again have good things to say.

Let's get the sex out of the way. Yes, there is lots of it. It is, after all, an adult paranormal romance series. Not the usual genre I pick up. It has all the elements that I think someone would look for in picking up this particular genre. BUT the reason why I enjoy this series so much is the story woven beyond that.

Without question it is original. There is only so much you can do with vampire lore. J.R. Ward definitely put some good original thoughts together by introducing a different concept of their origins, and introducing this Black Dagger Brotherhood, and how they fight to protect their race against their evil counterparts.

There is some really good action in these novels that satisfied me, and kept me interested. I can no longer quite remember the story or origins of the Scribe Virgin and the Omega, and why their forces battle each other, so I will continue the series for sure, once again. I don't think I actually read the full series, at the time only a few of the books were published.

All in all, a very good quick read. I would recommend this book and its series to those that enjoy the adult paranormal romance genre; they would not be disappointed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.