This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For's Reviews > Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Dec 25, 08

bookshelves: ebooks, fiction, mystery, romance, detective, science-fiction
Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

I don't normally read romances, but I have been known to occasionally read romance-mystery or romance-science fiction/fantasy hybrids. In general, the ones I tend to like lean a bit away from the romance side (e.g., Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books or Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books), while those I'm not fond of lean more heavily toward the romance.

I chose to read this book largely because I had a free eBook version of it (it came with Palm Treo), and I'm glad I did. Although written by a famous romance writer, at its heart its a pretty good mystery (with a little science fiction thrown in to boot), with the romance elements integrated into the story without dominating. Although I'm unlikely to read Nora Roberts in general, I'll probably continue with this series for awhile.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

rivka I enjoy this series, but I must admit it's not one I would have recommended to you (based on your shelved books). I'm curious to see what you think of it.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For It's been sitting on my Treo since I got it so decided to make it the next eBook I read. I do read mysteries and there are a number of romance hybrids I enjoy (e.g., the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich) so I figure there's a chance I might like it, although I'm going in recognizing it may not be for me.

rivka The author is primarily a romance author; the mysteries are interesting, but in certain ways secondary. I haven't gotten around to Evanovich yet, so I can't tell you how these compare.

rivka Glad you liked it.

There are actually some of her other books you might like if you like this series.