Kristy Trauzzi's Reviews > Songs of the Humpback Whale

Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult

Feb 20, 12

** spoiler alert ** This book was good. I enjoyed reading the book from start to end and from end to start- meeting in the middle. It was easy to keep them separated. I never had to try and remember who was talking - I never wondered what was happening- it was just a nice easy read. I did have a few issues with the book and that was what made it lose stars. I really didn't care what Oliver had to say. Even when he was talking whale talk I was not interested. Which is odd cuz I'm madly in love with dolphins (and whales) and I was like "Please stop talking". The other thing is I would really have liked more of her daughters point of view. I feel that her mad in love relationship with Hadley was very lacking. I felt that she was in love with him, but Jodi Picoult wrote their relationship like a pre teen crush. And I didn't get the feeling that it was supposed to be seen as such. Maybe it was? Also,I really hated how they ended up going back to Oliver. If you don't like someone that much - just don't even do it. Sigh. And as a weird ok??? Was Joley and his relationship/thoughts of his sister. That was just odd. But, overall very good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Songs of the Humpback Whale.