VampireNovelFan's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Caris Roane

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, vampires, paranormal-romance, dnf
Read on April 04, 2012

DNF. I tried to like this but it's just awful. Plain and simple. The love story is painfully gagilicious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

04/04/2012
27.0% "I'm not sure if I can make it through this one. It's pretty gag worthy and unnecessarily long. I'm trying though. I really am! Is it worth finishing? Should I just skip to the second book? I'm curious about the wings. That's the only selling point so far, but they aren't doing enough with them."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tai the Lioness tell me how this goes, I need to get to this

Tai the Lioness ...nvm LMAO

VampireNovelFan Tai the Lioness wrote: "tell me how this goes, I need to get to this"

I've officially marked it as DNF. Maybe I'll get back to it someday, but not today. There are tons of better books that I can be reading in the meantime. I was hoping this would be good, too.

Tai the Lioness VampireNovelFan wrote: "Tai the Lioness wrote: "tell me how this goes, I need to get to this"

too bad, i love this cover though...

VampireNovelFan That's how they fool all of us, lol! I'm a sucker for covers and that won't change.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, wow. I've never seen a bad rating by you. This must be a serious AVOID, with neon light and all.

VampireNovelFan I have a couple that I've rated pretty badly, but it's few and far inbetween. I try not to even bother reading something I don't think I'll enjoy.

message 8: by Cher (new) - added it

Cher I have this on the TBR pile, not fond of Angels anyway. Maybe I will skip this as soon as I figure out how to delete books from the to-read shelves.

VampireNovelFan I didn't really care about angels until Nalini Singh. And now I'm seeing that she's about the only good author for it. She's got an anthology out now. I might read that soon. I was looking for an angel fix and this just isn't it.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Cummings Check out either Angelfall or Unearthly, both good entries in stories about angels. ( I am apparently the only person in America who does not care for the guildhunter series!)

message 11: by Cher (new) - added it

Cher okay, I will. Tank u!

VampireNovelFan Michelle wrote: "Check out either Angelfall or Unearthly, both good entries in stories about angels. ( I am apparently the only person in America who does not care for the guildhunter series!)"

Thanks, Michelle! Though I'm looking more for the non-YA angel series. I don't like Books 2 and 3 of Guild Hunter that much, but I REALLY liked the first one.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Cummings I can agree with the YA classification of Unearthly, but Angelfall, while it does have a 17 year old protagonist, it didn't really feel YA to me. And yeah, I actually liked the first Guildhunter too, but then it went downhill for me.

VampireNovelFan Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!