Sarah A.'s Reviews > Thin Air

Thin Air by Rachel Caine

Feb 20, 2012

Read from February 20 to 24, 2012

What a book!

I never quite read anything like this, the story goes as Joanne jumps from one mind to another, you see... (Spoiler) she has lost her memory and acquired new talents. So every time she feels threatened or in need, she simply gets in peoples heads and sees their memories. Now, imagine being inside Cherise’s head, or Marion’s head... Or even better (or worse!) Eamon’s!!!!

I can’t say I read anything like this, the idea that your heroine loses her memory? Yeah not so new… but her ability to see people’s memories and having her own memories manifest into a demon… wow! And it was magnificently written by the way.

I felt so deliciously frustrated most of the time. Reading how Joanne hugged Eamon not knowing what a shit he was... I wanted to die!

I loved also how the previous books were all about saving the world, from one disaster or another. But this one focused on saving Joanne and having her deal with everything alone, with almost no help from anyone.

I teared up shamelessly in the chapel scene. I think anyone who’s ever read this book would know exactly what I’m talking about. So damn emotional and not in a normal love way, it’s about the holiest of relationships... a mother-daughter love and grief.

Although I couldn’t understand why would Joanne hesitate to kill Ashan. I know I wouldn’t, knowign he killed my daughter and admitted to have enjoyed it. I noticed Rachel Caine shies away from killing even the bad guys and vengeance in general; sometimes it’s just unrealistic in her books. Her characters are too noble to be true.

That said, I'm very much in love with this series. I see no fault even if there was!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thin Air.

02/20/2012 page 65
02/21/2012 page 123
38.0% "I don't think I can write a review worthy of this one. So far it's unbelievably beautiful and new."
02/22/2012 page 149
47.0% "Omg the Eamon scene is SO frakin frustrating!!!"
07/31/2016 marked as: read