Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero

The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow by Lorin K. Barber

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: e-reader, arc, net-galley, epic, blog-tour
Read in February, 2012

I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review via NetGalley in participation with the The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow blog Tour.

I was pleasantly surprised with this novel. I honestly didn't foresee an epic rating in it's future when I first picked it up; and yet here we are....EPIC! Copernicus H. Stringfellow is an highly intelligent, knowledge sponge, clairvoyant, Twinkie eating, telekinetic, extraordinary person. Yes, I found myself with a Twinkie in my hand munching as I read along. Like Forest Gump, I can easily see Copernicus H. Stringfellow becoming a household name. This book had humorous parts that were unexpected and hilarious. There was suspense and a whole lot of mystery. With a guy who is every bit as the definition of a nerd, he's an unlikely hero that will surely capture the hearts of many. I don't want to give the story away, but I will say it's EASY TO LOVE! The ending wasn't a mere cliffhanger; it was DEVASTATION! I'd recommend this book to anyone. This is very family friendly.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow.

02/26/2012 page 21
7.0% "I like this so far. #NowReading"
02/26/2012 page 70
23.0% "Craving Twinkies..."
02/26/2012 page 79
26.0% "*biting my nails* oh my goodness..."
02/26/2012 page 94
31.0% "Uh oh, here comes the men in black..."
02/26/2012 page 122
40.0% "I learned a new word today: sesquipedalian! #NowReading"
02/26/2012 page 122
40.0% "Geez...talk about BIG words: Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg!#RealWord #LookItUp"
02/26/2012 page 156
51.0% "Nick is so cool!"
02/26/2012 page 195
64.0% "*smiles* this is the good part..."