Kim Hansen's Reviews > Too Far Under

Too Far Under by Lynn Osterkamp

F 50x66
Feb 20, 12

A strong woman and a great mystery – YEP, I liked it! Too Far Under is the second in a series that includes “Too Far Near the Edge”.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to read the first book, but personally, I don’t think it made a difference in how much I enjoyed it. But, I’ll provide a little back story. Cleo Sims is grief counselor who is drawn in by Angelica, a very gifted girl who has lost her mother. Cleo has a spiritual guide named Tyler who visits her periodically with advice that isn’t immediately taken as helpful.

So, the book revolves Angelica, who is convinced that her mothers drowning was not an accident. Her mother Mirabel was not exactly a well liked person in the community, so it was easy to convince most everyone that it truly was an accident. As you follow Angelica through a journey of trying to prove this was a murder, you are swept into the lives of her non-caring father and his girlfriend. With the help of Cleo, and her surfer dude spirit guide Tyler, the full story begins to unravel.

This book was a very easy read, but full of mystery and for added excitement, the author added in a supernatural twist. Don’t let the “supernatural” scare you away from this book because it is handled in such a way that it is very believable. I love when I read a book that has such well developed characters that I actually “picture” in my mind what they look and sound like. To me, this is the reason that you usually LOVE a book, but HATE a movie based on a book – the characters just don’t measure up.

I truly enjoyed Too Far Under and of course, I now have to go back and read the first one in the series I recommend you pick up a copy and get ready for other great works from Lynn Osterkamp!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Far Under.