Shannon Dermott's Reviews > Taken

Taken by Charlotte Abel

Feb 20, 2012

I had the wonderful opportunity to read this story. And I must say, Charlotte Abel has outdone herself. The story of Channie and Josh runs twist and turns that rival a modern day roller coaster. Never say that things get easier for those two, because it didn’t.

Life together brought on a whole other set of challenges that this couple had to face. Being independent wasn’t easier than living with their families. Like all people, mistakes would be made along the way. Charlotte capitalizes on this to write a story that would leave us breathless in spots.

With this story we move around the country as the tale unfolds with new challenges along the way. Young yet older, they are faced with decision to make that thankfully many their age would not have to. Throughout though, you asked yourself, what would you do for love?

Oh, Hunter is more in this story than the last. Older and a bit more mature, he seems to take everything in stride. He brings another element that I enjoyed and look forward to more of. Channie’s parents still have their issues which only complicate the mated couple’s existence. We also get to see more of Channie’s sister and her kids which is a bonus. Those triples are a hoot.

All in all, this is a great page turning follow up to an amazing first story. Charlotte proves her imagination has no bounds and I look forward to reading the next installment of this saga.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken.