Rishelle's Reviews > What's Left of Me

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: lovable-guys, read-in-2012-for-my-goal, best-dystopias, read-advanced-copy
Read from April 16 to 19, 2012

First I have to say that I have an amazing friend, who let me read this advanced copy. Mostly because I begged her :) haha
Anyway this is my formal thanks to her. Because it was worth the begging.

How to describe this book? It was familer but not at the same time. Its sort of a mix mash of The Host, The Summoning, and Wither. At least thats the way I see it. Host has two people in one head. The summoning kids get taken away and locked up in a creepy hospital. Wither there was a huge world war, the rest of the world is dying and makes you wonder about the injections they give to your kids.

Eva and Addie are twins that share the same body. In childhood everyone settles meaning the dominate soul takes over. Leaving the recesive soul to die. Addie was dominate, but Eva never dissapeared. She is still there traped in the back of their mind. No one knows. In their world being a Hybrid will get you locked up. Eva lives her live just wishing she could move her body just one more time. Until they meet Hally who reavals they might not be alone and Eva my be able to regain her strength. In a world were you kill off half of your soul, two girls will fight to stay together. Told from Eva's point of view gives this book a unique point of view from a strong protagonist. You see how much a girl will fight for her life.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What's Left of Me.

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah (Jane Speare) Coool. I'll consider reading it. :)

Rishelle read it!

message 3: by Mallory (new)

Mallory And if Leah likes it then me!

Rishelle you both should read it. no its not divergent or hunger games good. but its better than matched. and its pretty good