Jill Williamson's Reviews > The Silence of Murder

The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackall

Feb 20, 12

Review by Jill Williamson

Coach Johnson is dead, and sixteen-year-old Hope Long is the only person who believes that her eighteen-year-old brother, Jeremy, is innocent. Sure, Jeremy is a little different--he's always been that way--but he's no killer. But there are no other suspects, so Hope sets out to find some and prove that Jeremy didn't kill Coach.

I'm totally impressed! This was a wonderfully creative mystery novel. The writing was excellent, and the characters were even better. I was completely sucked in and didn't see the end coming. I'm so glad I bought this book! This is the first I've read of MacKall's books, but I'm going to keep an eye peeled for whatever she writes in the future. If you like John Grisham, you'd like this book. With the wrongly accused and the search to find the truth, this book was one I couldn't put down. Highly recommended.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silence of Murder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Sounds good. I think I will keep an eye out for this book. I have read John Grisham's Theodore Boone books and those are good. :)