PepperP0t 's Reviews > Awakening the Nightmare

Awakening the Nightmare by Lanie Malone

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: adult, smexy-erotica, paranormal, romance, series, series-r-us
Read from February 21 to 22, 2012

Nature abhors a vaccuum. This comes in as a 4star read for me. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Cory DeLacy has spent a great deal of her life atoning for mistakes made in her youth. She also hasn't forgotten those that have helped her during her very long life. Cory's adoptive father comes to her, hat in hand for a favor-please watch over an assassinated councilman's daughter (and her security team), who is slated to take her fathers place on the council. However the attraction to (Nick) Ehlena's head of security threatens to unleash all of Cory's secrets.

This is very solid paranomal romantic suspense, but it is also a solid urban fantasy thriller - that careful mix is perfect throughout. The mystery and ongoing "joke" of what kind of preternatural being is Cory is well drawn and is definitely appropriate within this story. The characters both primary and secondary are strongly drawn and each contributes to the overall story.

Again I say, nature abhors a vaccuum and Ms. Malone should get to writing. This story works well as a stand alone as all the strands are tied off - but it works just a well as the initial story for a series. I would read more for this series and this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakening the Nightmare.

02/21/2012