Deb's Reviews > The Royal Wulff Murders

The Royal Wulff Murders by Keith McCafferty

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, thriller-mystery, suspense
Read from April 08 to 17, 2012

When I received a copy of The Royal Wulff Murders as a first-reads giveaway through Goodreads, I was delighted to be chosen for a thriller. Once I read it, I was even more thrilled! Keith McCafferty did an incredible job in the writing of the book, and I thank him for sharing his dream with us bibliophiles!

I only gave this one 4 stars because 4.5 was not an option, and I couldn't bring myself to give it 5. For someone who is an avid angler and loves a great thriller/mystery - this is THE book for you! I enjoy fishing, but need my husband along to put the worm on my hook and remove any fish I'm fortunate enough to catch. I know enough about fishing that some of the lengthy descriptions of flies and fly fishing in general didn't go TOO far over my head, but there were parts where my eyes glazed over.

I enjoyed the chemistry between the majority of the characters. However, with Vareda/Velvet - I felt she was thrown in to give Sean a reason to get involved - her part seemed so disjointed and overall false.

In a nutshell, I highly recommend it - just be prepared for some technical jargon involving fly fishing and the fishing industry in general.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Royal Wulff Murders.

04/09/2012 page 39